AM WORRIED

I AM WORRIED ABOUT A HIV RESULT,I HAVE DONE A TEST LAST YEAR JULY,AND ANOTHER THIS YEAR APRIL,I WENT TUESDAY 4TH OF NOV TO DO A MEDICAL THE DOCTOR USE A RAPID KIT AND TOLD ME I WAS POSITIVE THE PERSON AM ALONG WITH DO MEDICAL EVERY YEAR BECAUSE OF HIS JOB,THE DOC TOLD ME TO DO A LAB TEST OVER HE TOLD ME HE WILL CALL ME WHEN THE RESULT RETURN,CAN THIS B POSIBLE

Response from Dr. DeJesus

HIV is only transmitted by infected body fluid. If you have been exposed to someone infected or contaminated fluid, you should get a test and have it repeated in 3-6 months. But continue getting tested without further exposure it is not healthy. Not sure why you continue getting tested this frequently. This is just creating anxiety and increasing the chances of an erroneous test results. In any case, in a few days you will get the results of a confirmatory test. If it is negative, stop testing yourself this frequent and avoid contact with potentially contaminated fluid. If your test is positive I am sure your doctor will refer you to a specialist that will be able to manage this situation. Good luck.

kidney failure
hiv hoax?