adherence

I have been on atripla for exactly a month. I missed 3 doses in this 30 day period. Am I in serious danger of becoming resistent? Secondly, I take it super late and at different times. I do take it at least every 36 hours. Am I messing up bad?

Thank you for your post.

If you've missed 3 doses out of 30, you're running at 90%. This is lower than I'd like for optimal success, but with our current regimens, like Atripla or boosted protease inhibitors (with 2 nukes), it's possible to have lower rates of adherence and still remain suppressed.

What I'd recommend is to look very closely at the times that you've missed and if there is some common thread-- something to help train the corrective action(s) that you should take to try to improve your adherence.

At the very least, make sure that your doctors know about your current rates, get a viral load test to make sure that your virus remains suppressed. If it is undetectable, then you're ok (at least for now). If not, then it is really time to get the adherence together.

I hope this helps and wish you health.

BY

A proven cure for HIV ???
atripla causes LIPO