CD4 and CD8 cells count

One of my friend is an HIV infected person,and it was found recently while doing some surgery.His CD4 cells count is 263 and CD8 cells count is 66.5%.Doctor has prescribed Tablet VIRADAY ,one tablet per day.

My questions is with this CD4 and CD8 cells count,can my friend servive?? will that tablet VIRADAY work on his body and reduce the Viral load??

Thank you for your post.

Viraday is the generic version of the very widely used and highly recommended medication Atripla (tenofovir/FTC/efavirenz). Viraday is not available for purchase here in the US or Europe.

Your friend was correct in starting HIV treatment- all current national treatment guidelines recommend treatment when CD4 counts are below 350. Effective therapy (including Viraday/Atripla) will reduce viral loads to undetectable levels in at least 3-6 months and I'd expect a roughly 200 cell increase in CD4s in one year. Provided that your friend takes his medication with the utmost adherence (we aim for 95%), gets good medical follow up and is lucky not to have significant side effects or transmitted drug resistance (things that we routinely monitor in our clinic), I'd expect his prognosis to be excellent.

So, thanks for writing- be there to support your friend's adherence and follow up to doctors appointments. I think that his future should be a healthy one.

BY

Staying On Atripla
atripla and side effects