Travel with meds

I am currently taking Sustiva and Kivexa (and have been for 8 mths). My VL is undetectable and CD4 about 450 and climbing. My question is perhaps rather political, but here it goes..

With Obama now in the White House, is there likely to be a change in the restrictions put on foreign visitors to the US? I am from the UK and would very much like to return to travel to the US and China, but would not want to take the chance with the current restrictions. Does anyone know what Obama's policy is on HIV+ visitors- is it possible that one day I will not have to declare it (as I dont really want fellow travellers knowing I have it!). Its such an antiquated law that stigmatizes people, I am not likely to go on a spree of infecting people for goodness sake! China apparently have said that they are to drop the restrictions, which is fantastic news, but any ideas when this will come into play?

Thanks for all your advice and help on here, it is always so useful.

Hello and thank you for your post.

Many of us are basking in the dawn of a new period in American politics- hopefully this will have manifold implications for our communities.

As for immigration restrictions for HIV+ persons, these were actually relaxed recently (under the Bush administration) : http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1222705590290.shtm I'd have no reason to think that Obama will do anything but to support these changes.

So, I think that it's ok to return here to the States.

BY

re:reassure a friend
RE: Travel with meds