Combivir taken about 30 minutes after food

Hi Dr. wish you long life in helping HIV people, your are great. I have two questions: 1- all informations point that Combivir can be taking with or without food, (with food is clearly understandable) while without food can have several interpretations such as a/empty stomach b/before food c/ after food. I am taking mine about 20 to 30 minutes after foods, is that OK, 2/What is the best way to take it to make sure that someone has the best effect of it? Thank you very much

Hello and thanks for your post.

There is no dietary restriction or requirement when taking Combivir (AZT+3TC), though some patients report fewer side effects if the medication is taken with food. (I'll assume that you're taking a 3rd drug in addition to the 2 in Combivir- this is highly recommended).

The best way to measure the effect of treatments is to obtain routine laboratory and clinical monitoring. This is typically done within the first 2-8 weeks after starting treatment and then every 3-4 months thereafter.

I hope this helps, BY

Atripla and Darvocet
re:reassure a friend