Medication

Hi

I have been on medication for three months and my results have gone from 250, 20%, 3000 to 350, 25%, undetectable. Although initially my viral load was low I am still very happy with my bloods and want to do everything to keep them like that. My question is how exact does taking my meds have to be?? I try to take them about 9.15pm but can vary between 8.50pm and 9.45pm each day. Is this ok or should I aim for a more exact time? I am taking ritonivir, Kivexa and atazanivir. Also is it important I take these meds with food? and if so is a small snack ok?

Thank you Freya

Thank you for your post.

You don't need to worry about a few minutes (or even a couple of hours) of variation in the dosing of your HIV medications-- so, yes, you're ok.

As for the food; yes, it is quite important to take any atazanavir (Reyataz)-based regimen with food, since your body's absorption of the medication requires this. A small snack will do.

I hope this helps. Be well.

BY

spin out
kaletra/truvada