Please Help me

Last quarter of 2007 i was hospitalized due to pneumonia and presumed PCP.prior to that, months before,I experienced long term fever and mouth sores.Then january 2008 i was diagnosed positive.I was forced to take ARV medications.Now I have presumed CMV Retinitis.I dont know what my CD4 and viral load count since Im living in the province of a third world country.I would just like to know if at my stage, Am I in AIDS stage? or still in HIV stage.please help me.My doctors were confusing.Should i continue taking AZT,3TC and effavirens? i just taking in more than 1 month now.

Thanks for your post.

If you had Pneumocystis pneumonia or CMV retinitis (or any other AIDS-defining illnesses you have AIDS. One does not need to have a CD4 count to establish such a diagnosis.

You should definitely continue your three drug HIV regimen. In doing so, there is a very strong chance that your health will improve and your risk of dying or having another HIV complication is dramatically reduced.

I hope this helps. Be well.

BY

Atripla or sustiva and truvada separated?
spin out