re HIV med safe?
Oct 24, 2008
dr young; you responded by saying HIV meds where safe to take for quote: many many years- can you give me some idea exactly how many?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for the follow up.
In most clinical trials, the number of patients that discontinue medications because of side effects or toxicity is very low-- usually less than 5-10%. The best (or longest-term) studies are out to about 4-5 years.
In real world clinical practice, I've got a bunch of patients who have been continuously on medications for upward of 10 years.
Exactly how long will this last is only a prediction, but it's my best guess is that it will indeed be for many decades.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.