Oct 24, 2008
I have been on pep for 26 days when I got a needle stick injury again.What should I do?
Response from Dr. Young
Yikes, two needle stick injuries within 1 month? Sounds like it's time for a safety (re)assessment.
In brief, you had a second exposure, then you should repeat a 4 week course of PEP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Nose Bleeds A Symptom Of Hiv?
- Will Herpes Show Up In A Standard Blood Test?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Syphilis Rash On Hands Legs Feet
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.