possibilities.please help

I just had my Cmv retinitis almost resolved without taking ganciclovir.just arv meds.3TC,AZT and sustiva.i currently dont know my CD4 count and viral load.in your own persperctive, am i doing good? i also had my pcp resolved couple of months ago. im gaining weight now and getting strong... im taking ARV meds 2 months now.thanks doctor

Thank you for your post.

While it would be nice to know about your CD4 count and HIV viral load, the simple fact that your retinitis and pneumonia have resolved and you're gaining weight speaks to the point that your immune function has very likely improved.

I should point out that treating CMV retinitis without ganciclovir is generally not recommended, but that sadly, there are many in the world who don't have access to this medication.

So, it sounds to me that you're not doing "good" at all; you're doing great.

Stay in touch, let us know how you're doing.

BY

TB Skin Test = Bumps All Over
Prezista Underdosing