TB Skin Test = Bumps All Over

My boyfriend got a tb skin test last week, and the next day he woke up with raised quarter-sized bumps spreading in different parts of his body (back of head, leg, butt, groin area, chest). However, he's not breaking out at the injection site. Any idea what this may be? Should we rush him to the doctor asap or just wait it out? Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

It's highly recommended that most persons with HIV infection get periodic testing for tuberculosis. While not particularly sensitive, the PPD skin jab (or injection, as we call it here in the States) is most often performed.

The reaction that you describe is highly unusual- I wouldn't expect this as a result of the TB test.

I would definitely notify the doctor about the symptoms.

BY

Need some HIV specialists in Lebanon
possibilities.please help