Atripla and grogginess

I have been on Atripla for about 100 days now. I never used to be tired in the morning. Now, however, I can barely peel myself off the mattress in the morning. Positive friends have told me that the grogginess shouldn't be so pronounced still. Do you have any advice on how to mediate the effects (other than taking it slightly earlier in the evening, which helps a small bit)?

Thank you for your post.

After 100 days on an efavirenz-based treatment like Atripla, I'd expect your psychological symptoms to have reached their minimum. You're correct that taking the medications earlier can sometimes help with the morning fog; you might also make sure that you're taking your dose on an empty stomach (since food in the stomach increases efavirenz absorption- and possible side effects). Some of my patients have used medications to help sleep, but this isn't really a long-term solution.

If this doesn't help, it might be time to discuss your symptoms and alternative regimens with your doctor. It's long been my aim to find treatments that cause NO alterations in daily activities, nor cause significant side effects. It may be that you're one of the uncommon patients who do have such issues with Atripla.

BY

deformed kidney causing me to urinate blood
Atripla