The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

deformed kidney causing me to urinate blood
Oct 21, 2008

hi last year on a random day I started urinating blood I visited a doctor who dealed with non insured clients.. he did a cat scan I told me both my kidney problem but he didn't know how to treat me he gave me another number to another doctor but the never pick up the phone.. I really need and expert opion about how to stop and fix this problem or where to go

Response from Dr. Young

Thank you for your post.

If you have (or had) blood in your urine, you should definitely pick up that phone and call the kidney specialist ("nephrologist"). This situation can sometimes be simple (like an infection or kidney stone), but can also be a sign of more significant problems.

Without additional information, it's impossible for me to tell you anything else in particular to fix the problem.

I hope this gets you off the fence; write back anytime.


Reading My Labs?
Atripla and grogginess

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint