Atripla

Hi I've been asked by my doc to think about changing my efavirenz/tenofovir/3TC combination to once-a-day Atripla. I'm stable and used to my current combination so a bit loathe to change - but once a day pill would be handy. Are there any other benefits of changing besides once a day ease (or worse negative reasons to change) do you think? Thanks Paul

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your post.

A switch from your current regimen to the fixed dose triple combination of Atripla should almost certainly be a fine one- the only change (other than pill and copayment number) is the switch from 3TC to the FTC in Atripla.

Such switches are almost always symptom-free. Worst (and very rare) case, if you develop any unexpected side effects, you can always switch back to the original regimen.

Best of health to you. Write us back and let us know how things turn out.

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION
Meds