Facial loss for +ve brother

Hi Doc, I need to know how much should your CD4 count be to receive the Sculptra and also Im in SA and never heard of this treatment. Because it is a semi-permanent treatment, how long does it take before he will need the treatment?

Loving sister, South Africa

Dear LS,

Thank you for your post from South Africa.

Sculptra is an injectable medication approved for the treatment of facial lipoatrophy in HIV patients. The treatment initially involves a series of once-monthly injections (takes about 30 minutes) and rarely associated with any serious side effects or complications. Once the desired effect is achieved, the effect lasts for many months- usually about 12-18 months.

There is no CD4 cell requirement to receive Sculptra treatments for facial lipoatrophy.

I'm not sure if Sculptra is available in RSA, but the medication is available through certified providers in the US (I'm one) and Europe.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance,

BY

Truvada side effects
I AM IN THAILAND