DRANK A LITTLE TOO MUCH

Hi guys,

I have been on Atripla since May 2008. I have had excellent results (Tcells doubled and vl und.) within 2 months. Initally, I was taking it at bedtime. I had no side effects, so after about a month or so , I started to take it at an am dosage (easier with my daily vitamin). The other night, I went out and drank a little too much and got sick. I am worried that when I did vomit, that the Atripla might have passed through my system. Should I be concerned? I did call my doctor and he said not to worry and just not too drink that much again. LOL Thanks

Hello and thanks for your post.

I agree with your doctor. If you vomit after taking your medications, but don't see your pills in the vomit (gross, I know), or if it has been more than 10-15 minutes after you've taken the medications, there's little risk that the pills were not absorbed.

In any event, even missing a single dose of medications won't be the cause of treatment failure; only if this patter is repeated more than 2-3 times very month.

Best of health to you, BY

Improved Triglycerides with Prezista/Norvir Combination?
HIV FLIGHT tests