number of truvada pills

Hi, I had an accident with a condom while having receptive anal sex with a guy. I don't know his HIV status but have been panicking and spent the day at the emergency room to get Truvada for possible exposure to HIV. My concern is that thay gave me four pills that have the numbers 701 written on them, 1 every day for 4 days. After reading through a few of the responses you have given on this website, does that sound like they have made a mistake and I should actually have a 4 week regime instead of 4 pills for 4 days????? Would really appreciate a response to this question as it's Labor day weekend and I need to make an appointment to see my doctor first thing Tuesday morning if there is a problem. Thank you ever so much in advance.

The pill you have is indeed Truvada. The dosing for PEP should be for 4 weeks (or 1 month); so yes, you do need to see your doctor about continuation on the medication.

BY

Time between Visits
just a thanks!