When to take atripla when you're moving across the country

Hey there! Thanks again for such a lovely site. I started Atripla On Monday (8/25/08) and I currently live in Virginia. I'm moving to Oregon in October. Is there's a particular time I should be taking the drug here in VA to make sure I'm not taking it to early out in Oregon? Or can I readjust once I'm out there?

Response from Dr. DeJesus

You can just readjust the dose there, and start taking it at night when you arrive to your new destination.

Atripla is a coformulation of 3 anti-HIV medications: Sustiva, Viread and Emtriva. All these 3 agents have been found to have very long half lives; which mean that after each dose is taken daily, the drug levels on your body remain adequate for longer than a day. So it is unlikely that taking your med off time, a few hours early or late from day to day will have any significant impact on your viral response; so you are going to be fine!

Good luck and thanks for your question.

When to take Meds
Changing meds