My CD4's won't increase

I have a question about my CD4 count. I happen to have Cerebral Palsy, and I was diagnosed two years ago. I've been placed on a daily regimen of Atripla and was on Bactrim until my count was over 200. My viral load is undetectable; however, my counts are hovering around the 250-270's. I strictly adhere to my medicine regimen and have never missed a dose. (I am guilty however, of taking the med at different times at night, depending on when I go to sleep). Otherwise, my diet is good, I avoid drugs and alcohol, and get plenty of rest. I know that everyone's body is different, but is there any thing that I can to improve them short of going back on Bactrim?

Response from Dr. DeJesus

Thanks for your question. CD4 reconstitution is highly variable from patient to patient, but for the most part everyone virologically suppressed eventually is able to obtain some CD4 improvements. I do not know how long you have been taking the Atripla, but the average cells gain after a year 0f therapy is ~200, with some patients gaining less and some more.

Bactrim does not give you a better immune-reconstitution. It is used in people with low CD4 count (<200) not to increase their CD4 count, but to avoid HIV related complications.

You also do not mention your CD4 %. It is possible that although you have not experienced a significant increase in absolute CD4 count, you may have experienced a significant increase in CD4 %, which is a very good thing. What can you do for now?...stay on treatment with good adherenceand give it more timeGood luck!

Healthy
UN-INFORMED