Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am i infected ?
Aug 27, 2008

hi, i am 25 years old guy. i weigh 89 kilos, my height is 5'7". i started working for a certain company from june 3rd, 12 hours a stretch during nights. i quit this job from 12th july and started working for a different company (day job) 6-8 hrs per day from 13th july. the job requires me to be suferfast in working and have to stand all the time. i did not have time to eat my food well and used to skip breakfasts and dinners on countless occassions during the period of june 3rd to july 19th. i also had sleep of only 5 or 6 hours most of the time during this period. from monday 21st july am having mild fever which is on and off, a lot of body pains especially back pains, sweating sometimes during the day. i have a mixed vascular tension type headache from the past 1 year which am taking medicines for. i have lost 6 kilos from june 3rd to july 19th and i have put on 2 kilos in 4 days. also i had a protected blowjob from a prostitute somewhere in the first week of june and a protected sexual encounter with another prostitute in july 1st week. the problem in the second case was, the prostitute sucked my penis for 10-15 seconds before i put my condom on. Now is the illness am having now is early symptoms of HIV or is it due to excess physical strain ? please reply soon, am getting depressed day by day thinking of this.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

There is no reason to get depressed... when it is so much easier and uncomplicated to get an HIV test. Your history is convoluted and complex. It seems to me that you need to start to take better care of yourself young man. Nutrition and rest are important components on your health. Your risk factors for HIV infection are very low. It is unlikely strictly with that history that you are HIV infected, but it you are going to be stress out about itget a testchances are it will be negative. Good luck!

Previous
Could I be infected with hiv?
Next
Bactrim? Hi Triglycerides? now Viracept?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.