Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Switch onto Isentress
Aug 27, 2008

Dr. Edwin Dejesus, Just wanted to say thanks for everything that you all do for us. My question is that I had been on atripla for two years. Been having problems on it with dreams and central nervous system problems as well. My doctor had then switch me to Truvada and Isentress. My question is that I take it at 11am and then the other truvada and isentress at 11pm, my doctor had told me that I didn't have to take them on that hour but with in a two hour window, and was wondering if that is okay to do, or should those times be okay are is it that I can take it a 12 pm and 12 am and so on. Please let me know what you think I should do. Thank you for your time. me

Response from Dr. DeJesus

Dear ME: Your doctor is very correct. Although we still do not have very clear how long the antiviral effect of Isentress will last after 12 hours, and how that activity correlates with the Isentress drug levels, it does appear that a window of a couple of hours in someone already virologically controlled will have no impact at all in the virological activity of Isentress.

Previous
Should I wait for the meds?
Next
Thank You!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.