Undetectable after 6 weeks.

After 3 years of being hiv + I started treatment 6 weeks ago.Just got my first labs after starting with Atripla.My labs before starting treatment where:cd4 272,vl 16,000 and % 22.Six weeks later my labs are;cd4 300,vl undetectable and my % is 20.My Doctor was thrilled and surprised that I was undetectable in just 6 weeks,he said it was unusual and shows that the meds are working and that I'm sensitive to them.My question:is that rare? Also,do you think my t-cell count increase is significant or should they had jumped up more? And finally,do you expect the my t-cells will clime above 400 in the coming months.Many thanks!!!

Response from Dr. DeJesus

That is a good response, on the other hand, your HIV viral load was not that high when you started therapy. So, I certainly have seen patients with similar baseline numbers responding as well as you did. That is all good news.

The better news is that with all likelihood, your CD4 count will continue to increase. You have been on therapy only for a few months. The average cell increase in a period of 48 weeks is around 200 cells, so give it time!

Congratulations on your great response. Want to keep it that way? Don't miss your meds!

Hep B.
Should I wait for the meds?