Aug 20, 2008
I have a 2 minutes exposure after a broken condom I went to my doctor and I was prescribed a drug call truvada but I have been reading on the forum that I should be taken another drug on top of truvada ?my exposure was 10days ago
1.-Should I ask my doctor for aditional medication,or truvada or it,s to late?
| Response from Dr. Young
If your exposure was ten days ago, there is little benefit of post-exposure prophylaxis. Generally benefit wanes after 72 hours of the exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.