Aug 20, 2008
Is there any hope we may have a medication that is taken on a monthly basis rather than daily?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post Tish,
Because of the nature of drug discovery and risks of developing a very long-acting drug (ie, risk of long-acting side effects), I think that it is rather unlikely that we'll see a once-monthly HIV medication regimen anytime soon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Having Sex During Period
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Sucking
- Does HIV Cause Sore On Penis?
- Is Hair Loss An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.