Aug 20, 2008
Is there any hope we may have a medication that is taken on a monthly basis rather than daily?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post Tish,
Because of the nature of drug discovery and risks of developing a very long-acting drug (ie, risk of long-acting side effects), I think that it is rather unlikely that we'll see a once-monthly HIV medication regimen anytime soon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Runny Nose During Seroconversion
- Tingling In Feet Worried It Could Be Ars
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.