|Risk of transmission while on PEP
Aug 13, 2008
NY HIV+ partner's condom broke while he was inside of me. He had just cum, and when he pulled out, the tear looked pretty big. I've been on PEP for 27 days - Truvada and Reyetaz. Do I need to restart PEP now? What is my risk of transmission?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
There's no clear data on this kind of situation, but the prudent thing to do would be to continue your PEP for an additional 4 weeks.
Best of luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Parotid Gland Be A Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Average T-cell Count For Hiv Negative Person
- How Does Hiv Affect Your Life?
- When A Woman With Hiv Gives Birth Naturally What Are The Risks?
- What Does A Lack Of Serum Reactivity To An Hiv Test Mean?
- Can Hiv Show Up In A Blood Test After A Month?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.