whats non reactive hepatitis b means.

My english is not very good, sorry for that. I was diagnosed as "non-reactive hepatitis b". What does it means? Can I take vaccination to kill the virus?

Response from Dr. DeJesus

If your test results for hepatitis B came back as "Non-reactive" that is actually very good news. It means that you have never been exposed to the Hepatitis B virus, so you do not have the virus. Patients that have never been exposed to the hepatitis B virus should consider receiving vaccination for hepatitis B (a series of 3 shots), so they can not catch this infection in the future.

If on the other hand, you misunderstood the test result, and it reads "reactive"...that means that you have been exposed to the Hepatitis B virus. Not everyone that has been exposed to the Hepatitis B virus has an active infection. Your doctor will have to perform more tests to determine then the status of that infection.

Good luck! and Your English is very good!

Side Effects
Starting meds due to lymph nodes?