Jul 26, 2008
is there any need for avr if cd count is more than 350,and there is no symptom of aids
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
In general, if the CD4 count is confirmed above 350 and the person is asymptomatic, there is no clear need to start HIV medications. This does not mean that you should ignore your health and preventive medicine opportunities- vaccinations, smoking cessation and the like. Nor does it mean that you shouldn't get regular clinical and laboratory follow up with your HIV healthcare provider.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Someone Who Is Not Infected?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Is There Any Problem With Taking Milk Thistle While On HIV Meds?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Dried Blood?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Dried Semen?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Urine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.