HIV positive with no symptoms

I have received a positive HIV blood test and exhibit no symptoms. How long should I wait to get tested for viral load and CD4 cell count? Can I be without symptoms and have a high vial count and low CD4 count? Thanks Bob

Thanks for your post.

All persons who test positive for HIV should be seen for medical and laboratory evaluation as soon as possible. This is because the absence of symptoms does not predict your CD4 count (or risk of having an AIDS complication). The time delay between testing and getting laboratory evaluation is correlated with increase risk of AIDS events and painfully illustrates the significance of the problem.

Hence, yes, you can be entirely asymptomatic and have a very low CD4 count.

BY

atripla after alcohol
HIV and AIDS