RE: VERY HAPPY WITH MY REGIMEN
Jul 24, 2008
I also wanted to add that I have been on this basic regimen (swapped 3TC for FTC when FTC came out) and have remained undectable and very healthy for five years. As someone who had watched dozens of friends and acquaintances suffer from side effects and lose their battle with HIV, it was difficult to believe my doctor when he told me that those who were starting first line therapy in the year 2003 should be able lead near normal lifespans and lives.
I am probably healthier now than I was when I was diagnosed as I take much better care of my self now..eat well, rest and exercise.
Life as an HIV+ person can be okay.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for sharing your important message.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.