Jul 22, 2008
My doctor just presecribed a new combination: etravirine, maraviroc and raltagravir. Is this a good regimen??
Response from Dr. Young
This is not a conventional first-line regimen by any means, but would not be too "wierd" for someone with a lot of drug resistance.
Provided that you have resistance testing that shows sensitivity (or susceptibility) to the etravirine (Intelence) and maraviroc (Selzentry), there should be very good antiviral activity from the three medications.
Best of health, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Genital Rubbing
- Vaginal Sex With Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of HIV?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.