Meds from non-US source
Jul 20, 2008
Hello and thanks for your advise.
I am about to start meds in the next month or so. I will be going on Atripla, see how it works.
I will be temporarily moving to Thailand and will probably need to source my medicine locally there.
My question is regarding the "quality" of hiv meds from sources other than the US. Are the medicines the same? Or is there a difference? If so, is the difference significant enough to worry about it?
Thanks for your help once again.
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
In general the medications in Thailand are of very high quality and I wouldn't concern myself over the differences between medications here in the US and there.
Best of health and travel safe, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Dry Cough Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Do Purple Spots Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.