resolution of side effects after PEP therapy

Dear Dr. Young, I've been taking PEP (combivir/kaletra twice daily) for 3 weeks and have read online (including on this site a posting from Dr. Boyle) that side effects may not completely resolve once the meds are complete. Is this true? I have had fatigue, persistent nausea and diarrhea as my chief side effects, and am worried that these along with the constant feeling of malaise will not subside after ending the 30-day course. My side effects have not been debilitating, but they've certainly been unpleasant and have affected my quality of life. Is there cause for concern or have side effects typically resolved for people taking this combination of PEP therapy? and if so, how long can I expect that to take?

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Thanks for your post.

For the vast majority of persons, the side effects of PEP medications should resolve completely within a matter of days. As is often the case, what is posted on the web represents the small minority of persons with the atypical response.

I'd focus on the fact that it's unlikely that you'll acquire HIV and that your side effects will resolve (as they do for most).

Best of luck, BY

re: "Hesitant & Scared to Start My Meds"
have them but scared to start