Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for taking my question. Is this "Drug" (Elvitegravir (GS-9137) like the Marivoc needing the Tropism tests to see if one will have the CCRO5 OR CCRO4 data? And as of 2008, do you have an update re: Elvitegravir (GS-9137) Thank You
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Elvitegravir is an experimental HIV integrase inhibitor, currently entering phase 3 clinical studies. Other than patients who have previously failed the other integrase inhibitor (raltegravir, ISENTRESS), there isn't any requirement for a baseline drug susceptibility test (like that for maraviroc, SELZENTRY).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.