Jul 13, 2008
Thanks for taking my question. Is this "Drug" (Elvitegravir (GS-9137) like the Marivoc needing the Tropism tests to see if one will have the CCRO5 OR CCRO4 data? And as of 2008, do you have an update re: Elvitegravir (GS-9137) Thank You
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Elvitegravir is an experimental HIV integrase inhibitor, currently entering phase 3 clinical studies. Other than patients who have previously failed the other integrase inhibitor (raltegravir, ISENTRESS), there isn't any requirement for a baseline drug susceptibility test (like that for maraviroc, SELZENTRY).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- 16 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.