Side Effects

I have been HIV+ for 4 years, and am on Norvir, Reyataz, and Truvada. My Tcells are 1300 and my viral load is undetectable. My health is great and so is my spirits, but my concern is, he as treatment advances and gets better or maybe a cure comes along. Will I eventually have sometimes fatel long term side affects from the drug combination I am currently on. For example, people 10 years ago with cancer who went through chemo are got cancer free, are now dying now from the chemotherapy. I just want to know if that is the same with HIV regemins? And please be honest.

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you're doing terrifically on your medications.

Fatal side effects of medications would be exceptionally unusual in your circumstance. They remain unusual even for the cancer survivors that you mention. Indeed, since your CD4 count is well in the normal range, I wouldn't expect medications side effects to be the biggest long-term concern.

Rather, increasing focus in the HIV treatment community is shifting towards the lesser known issues of long-term survival (and treatment) with HIV. Such issues included cardiovascular-, bone, kidney, cancer, mental health and others. For example, currently about 50% of HIV patients in recent cross-sectional surveys have significant bone mineral loss (osteopenia)- how this translates to long-term quality of life remains to be seen, but is a major area of concern for our clinic.

Just my honest opinion.

Best of (long-term) health to you, BY

prescription testosterone
miRNAs on HIV .