just diagnosed

I have just been diagnosed, am in stage 3. I have KS lesions, wasting, severe fatigue and no insurance what is my prognosis and what should i do? i also have started getting irate and confused...help I am a veteran

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. With Kaposi's sarcoma, wasting and fatigue, you have an active AIDS diagnosis and need to start HIV treatments in the very near future.

Without treatment your long-term prognosis is very poor; a significant percentage of persons like you die every year-- so this is not a time to dawdle.

If you are a veteran, you should be eligible for HIV-related care; at the least, there should be health care available to you even in the absence of insurance.

I'd recommend contacting your local AIDS service organization (ASO; check out TheBody's ASOfinder.com) Write back and let me know where you live. This information would be critically useful in helping you navigate your treatment options.

Best of luck to you, BY

NEWS
ccr5 inhibitor