want to know my meds side effect

hello, before 2month I started one of the available ART regimens in my country lamivudine150mg+zidovudine300mg and nevirapine300mg bid my CD4 was 194&no AIDS related illness.my question is what are the main side effects of this combinations&one day in the future if the monotherapy be available here can I change my meds? thanks a lot

Response from Dr. McGowan

Your combination is one that has been used extensively for many years. The main side effects may be fatigue, anemia, muscle aches from the zidovudine/lamivudine (with the zidovudine contributing most). Rash, hepatitis and body aches may also be seen with nevirapine, especially in women who initiate treatment with CD4 counts above 250 or men with CD4 counts above 400. Since you had lower CD4 counts it is less likely to cause a problem. Long-term side effects may be more likely to occur from the zidovudine including loss of fat in the limbs and cheeks. Unfortunately mono-therapy is not likely on the horizon since the HIV virus has great ability to develop resistance to any single, or even double, therapy. I hope you do well on your treatment.

Joe

two years false negative
CD4 of 44 can climb to???