Jun 23, 2008
Just had positive test 2 weeks ago. My cd4 count was 317 and the other figure given was 5000+. Doctor told me to just come back in 2 months to see my status?????
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
With a CD4 count that is already within the threshold where guidelines recommend starting treatment, I have difficulty in simply having you return to the clinic in 2 months.
Rather, if you were my patient, I'd have you come back to confirm the CD4 level, make sure that all of the needed baseline labs have been obtained (like drug resistance tests, hepatitis antibodies, HLA haplotype among others).
Best of health to you,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Achy Balls After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.