Jun 18, 2008
I have excess weight gain in the stomach and have tried everything. I think it's due to taking a combo of Reyataz, Truvada, and Novir. Since Reyetaz is known to cause wight gain, if I switched the reyetez for Fosamprenavir would the extra pounds come off?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
While it is common to observe weight gain among persons starting on HIV therapy, there is little data that would suggest that protease inhibitors are better or worse than non-nukes.
A very nice review of this point was written by my co-author, Dr. David Wohl, and appears here at TheBody.
Best of health to you, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.