|what is pulmonia
Jun 18, 2008
how kind of treatment for pulmonia patient, how can we avoid the disease, is it life threatening?
| Response from Dr. Young
Pneumonia is a serious and sometimes life threatening infection of the lungs. There are many causes of the illness- viral, bacterial and fungal. Treatment for pneumonia depends entirely on the type of organism that is the cause.
A preventive vaccination, called Pneumovax (pneumococcal vaccine) is recommended for all persons living with HIV, every 5 years-- this vaccine can help prevent serious complications of one type of bacterial infection (caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.