neurothopy in Toes

Hello is Neurothopy common in HIV + patients. My CD4 count is 280 vl 220,000. I just recently re-started meds. Is it serious and does it go away with treatment. Should I be concerned sometimes it hurt so bad I can't sleep.

Thank you for your post.

Neuropathy is a common and often serious complication of HIV infection. Treatment with current HIV medications sometime, but not always, helps with the symptoms. There are a number of alternative treatments too- including medications like Neurontin and Lyrica. It's also relevant to make sure that there isn't a different cause for the foot pain (like syphilis, vitamin B12 deficiency or anatomic problems).

Your symptoms sound bad enough that I would definitely bring this to the attention of your healthcare provider.

Best of luck, BY

going back to original meds after switching??
what is pulmonia