can i be infected?
Jun 4, 2008
i just found out that my fiancee' has hbv and hcv and i was wondering is there any way i could get this even if i've been vaccinated?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Yes, it's possible-- there is NO vaccine for HCV. Secondly, while you've been vaccinated for HBV, a small percentage of persons who have completed the three shot series don't develop protective immunity.
So, if in doubt, I'd ask your doctor to check your hepatitis status (HBSAb levels). Since there is no vaccine for HCV, I'd still use appropriate caution.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection A Symptom Of HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Can You Get AIDS From Picking Your Nose?
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.