|can i be infected?
Jun 4, 2008
i just found out that my fiancee' has hbv and hcv and i was wondering is there any way i could get this even if i've been vaccinated?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Yes, it's possible-- there is NO vaccine for HCV. Secondly, while you've been vaccinated for HBV, a small percentage of persons who have completed the three shot series don't develop protective immunity.
So, if in doubt, I'd ask your doctor to check your hepatitis status (HBSAb levels). Since there is no vaccine for HCV, I'd still use appropriate caution.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Effect Of Syphilis If Left Untreated?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Is Gonorrhea Of The Throat?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If I Test Positive For Chlamydia After Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.