Time Change

Hi guys, I currently live on the east coast and take Atripla in the evening, between 10 and 11pm. I am going to be relocating to California for a job opportunity in the next week. Due to the three hour time difference, once I am in CA, do I start taking my meds at 7pm PST, so that it is similiar to the 10pm that I have been taking for the past two months. By the way, I have had ZERO side effects to the meds, no tiredness, no dizziness, no vivid dreams, etc. So, I am thinking that taking it at the earlier time should not really impact me. Should it?

Hello and thanks for your post.

I wouldn't worry too much about a single shift in time zones; just take the Atripla at 11pm when you arrive in California. The 3 hour delay won't be a problem in the overall performance of the medication.

For what it's worth, if you really don't have any side effects from the efavirenz part of Atripla, one could consider taking the medication at times other than bedtime; but I don't generally recommend this unless there is a really compelling reason.

Be well, BY

how long?
when to start ARV