|Need a doctor
May 29, 2008
My doctor's office is stopping to see all HIV followup patients. I have to find another, but so far every infectious disease office I've called say they either don't see any HIV patients or no new ones. I live in a city of several million and cannot believe this is an issue. Are there any programs or places I can contact that can refer me to one, is my doctor obligated to find another one for me? what are my options. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
What city do you live in?
Yours in not an acceptable situation, in my opinion. I'd start by contacting your local AIDS service organization or the American Academy of HIV Medicine's find a provider function--
At the very least, write me back here and let me know the city and state. I'm pretty sure that we can help.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.