POS & PREGO

I am pos and pregnant I am on meds even though my load and cd4 count was low in the begining they wanted to keep things undetectable. hwat are the risks of me haing unprotected sex with my hubby if he is pos and not on meds yet?

The biggest risk would be your transmitting HIV that is resistant to the meds you are on to him. This does occur, especially if your medicines start to fail and your viral load increases. The risk of transmission of resistant virus drops as the viral load in the blood drops. Does the risk become zero? I don't know but I suspect it gets very low.

An additional risk is acquisition of other STDs. Not to be presumptuous, but for academic purposes, the source of HIV can also be a source of other infections such as syphilis, HSV, viral hepatitis or more garden variety STDS could follow.

why so long
Just started meds!!!