Just Truvada?

I recently had unprotected sex with a male who is HIV positive. I was the receiver. He did not ejaculate inside of me, however, he did ejaculate in my mouth, and I'm not sure if there were any cuts at the time. (Found cuts after) He has a low viral load, and is on prescription drugs. I tested negative for HIV and the doctor decided to prescribe a month of Truvada for me. I spoke to other friends who have tried PEP treatments and I am considered that they were provided multiple drugs and I was only provided Truvada. I began the drug 50 hours after the exposure. Should I be concerned or seek a second opinion? Should I be on more than Truvada?

At this point, I see no rationale for expanding your PEP therapy. Some believe that with lesser exposures lesser potent regimens can be used. This logic escapes me as a risk is a risk and if there is going to be an effort to reduce transmission it should not be half hearted.

I do suspect your risk was rather low. At this point I would complete the 4 weeks of Truvada and get retested.

Abacavir..raltegravir...trim22...future
why so long