Just a few thoughts. reply

Thanks for your response. My meds are Sustiva/Kivexa btw. Although I started off on Sustiva/Truvada but discontinued due to kidney problems, and in between - whilst I was tested for allergy to Kivexa I tried Sustiva/Combivir. So although this is technically my 3rd regime, is it? Or because the change was related to a side effect am I still on my first treatment - if that makes sense. I apologise for asking dumb questions - but sometimes its easier for a stranger to think your dumb than your Consultant! Thanks again for you reply. I shall try and start living again. And who knows come November or shortly after I may be able to visit your great Country again without being treat like a plague victim.

Thanks for your post.

No dumb questions here-- if you were virologically doing well (ie, no concerns for treatment failure or drug resistance) and you were switched from one regimen to another for side effects, then you would still be considered to be on your "first" regimen. (Even if you're potentially on your third.)

I hope your kidney problems have resolved and that you'll soon find a regimen that you can stay on for some time and allow your health to recover.

Best of health to you, BY

Just a few thoughts
Poz and no Meds