Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sustiva+Epzicom in one pill?
May 17, 2008

Hi Dr. DeJesus, I currently switched from Atripla to Sustiva+Epzicom due to increasing liver/kidney function. I notice while reading your profile that you have been in close contact with the drug companies. Is there any future plans that you know of to make Sustiva+Epzicom into a single pill like Atripla? Thanks for your time.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

It is very unlikely that Sustiva and Epzicom will ever be combined into a single tablet. There are a lot of logistical reasons why that would not happen, and probably they are not worth trying to overcome to bring the pill count down from 2 to 1. I will remind you that back at the beginning of the availability of effective HIV treatments in the mid 90's, most of our patients were taking over 12 pills a day. We have come a long way!

Previous
Wondering about my future as HIV+
Next
Combo of Pills

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.