Sustiva+Epzicom in one pill?

Hi Dr. DeJesus, I currently switched from Atripla to Sustiva+Epzicom due to increasing liver/kidney function. I notice while reading your profile that you have been in close contact with the drug companies. Is there any future plans that you know of to make Sustiva+Epzicom into a single pill like Atripla? Thanks for your time.

Response from Dr. DeJesus

It is very unlikely that Sustiva and Epzicom will ever be combined into a single tablet. There are a lot of logistical reasons why that would not happen, and probably they are not worth trying to overcome to bring the pill count down from 2 to 1. I will remind you that back at the beginning of the availability of effective HIV treatments in the mid 90's, most of our patients were taking over 12 pills a day. We have come a long way!

Wondering about my future as HIV+
Combo of Pills