PEP

Dear Drs.- I have two PEP questions. First I was started on PEP at approximately the 60th Hour at an emergency room. At that point I was put on Truvada, Reyataz at 150 mg and Norvir at 150mg. I was able to see an HIV specialist at the 80th hour who changed the Reyataz dosage to 300 mg. I am taking these meds once a day. Did I miss my opportunity for the PEP to be effective? Also, I do not appear to be having side effects. Should I just be happy? Is something wrong?

No one knows exactly when after an exposure PEP becomes futile. Suffice to say, the longer the delay, the greater the chance it will not work.

You can not turn back the clock. All you can do is complete your course of PEP and get retested. Fortunately, you are tolerating your meds.

Experienced - Best Drug Degime
Bone Doctor's