Experienced - Best Drug Degime

I am hiv+ for over 23 years. VL undetcble and tcells at 550. On a successful regime of Altripa and Kaletra. I take one altripa at night and 3 Kaletra in the AM and three in the PM.

My doc is hesitant to change my regime. But my question is...can I safely reduce or stop the Kaletra and not risk resistance? Costs and side effects are causing this question. But I don't want to change if it is risky.

Your POV is really appreciated

Much depends on the details such as previous HIV therapy history, prior resistance mutations, whether you are taking the new tablet formulation of Kaletra or the older capsule, and if any drug levels have been measured while you have been on this regimen.

In gerneral, the newer tablet formulation of Kaletra seems to lead to somewhat higher levels of the active drug in this medication than the older formulation. Therefore, you may not need 3 pills twice a day but instead just 2 pills twice a day - despite the concomitant use of Atripla.

Drug levels can be checked and may give you an sense of whether a dose reduction is safe.

Strong combo?
PEP